Our Community of Welcome
Living Stream Church of the Brethren affirms the image of God in all persons – of every age, gender identity and expression, race, ability, ethnicity, nationality, class, and sexual orientation – and celebrates each person’s call to serve the world and the church.
A Word on Language in Worship
Because language has the power to shape our thinking about God and one another, Living Stream Church of the Brethren seeks to use language that fits our belief that God is manifest in persons of all genders, and that men and women are equals. Therefore, we strive to use inclusive language in our worship, even as historical texts and songs that are widely known and loved may be left unaltered.
Our Community Covenant of Compassion and Respect
As a community, we in the Living Stream Church of the Brethren hold ourselves to high standards. Expectations of all participants in Living Stream venues – online, in webcasts, and in person – are that we treat one another with love. We are willing to explore difficult questions, with respectful communication and compassionate intent in our participation. Living Stream Church of the Brethren is open to all persons, but not all behaviors. Hate speech and harassment of all kinds are not welcome in our community. Due to the novel nature of this format, the need for clear boundaries is greater, as we together shape what this community will become. We reserve the right for church leaders to block offensive or disruptive activity, or any participation that they deem does not contribute to a worshipful and relationship-building environment. We thank you for your understanding and agreement to these guidelines, which is assumed by your participation in the Living Stream Church of the Brethren.
You may copy and download content intended for educational and spiritual purposes, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that (a) you include without modification all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content, (b) you do not modify the content, (c) you do not use the content in a manner that suggests LSCOB promotes or endorses your, or any third party’s, causes, ideas, Web sites, products, or services, and (d) you do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. Please be sure that sources are accurately attributed and copyright notice is displayed. Permission to use the content of LSCOB for other not-for-profit purposes is available by written request.
– The content of the pages of this Web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
– Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness, or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this Web site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
– Your use of any information or materials on this Web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this Web site meets your specific requirements.
– This Web site contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
– LSCOB gratefully acknowledges permission to reproduce texts, music, and images granted by their creators and copyright holders, where appropriate. Every effort has been made to appropriately attribute material used by our congregation. If any rights have been inadvertently infringed upon, we ask that the omission by excused and agree to make the necessary corrections in subsequent services.
– This Web site may also include links to other web sites. These links are provided for your
convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the Web site(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked Web site(s).
– Unauthorized use of this Web site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense. Your use of this Web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Web site is subject to the laws of the United States of America.